Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 19th

It turns out that we only get to the internet about once a week, so I will try to add a few posts every time I am on here.

Today was our first day in the Dominican Republic. It took me until about noon to realize that it was my birthday. Turns out this was one of the best birthdays I have ever experienced. The day started out with Marci being trapped in her room by a giant spider which we tried to kill with some deet. That failed miserably, but Shum got it with a shoe.



We went to Claudina's home today to eat Lunch. She is the Director of this whole project. She is also the only person in 3 cities that has the internet, that we know of. After Lunch we went to the beach and swam in the Caribbean for about an hour. The water was probably about 85-90 degrees. Not a bad way to spend my birthday. Here's my official birthday pose...





When we came home from the beach we ate a small dinner and played a couple of games. Everyone sang happy birthday, which was great, and Isabela our cook, brought me some Dominican candies. After the festivities the power went out (which happens about 5 times a day) and it came back on, only for us to find this...



1 comment:

  1. The size of the moth is ridiculous!!!

    Can we say CHISELED!!!

    ReplyDelete