Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24

These Last few days have been adventurous...what am I talking about...every day is an adventure here. It is near the end of hurricane season here, and it has been raining hard for the last 3 days. I will post a video later. We are doing teacher trainings right now and those have been going well. Dr. Shumway has been teaching everyday, and each of us students have been doing small chunks of teaching as well. I am currently teaching robotics right after lunch each day. I taught two men named Carlos and Jorge how to make a robot drive forward, backward and spin around. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it has been fun to see them get excited as they figure out how to program the robots. The students arrive on Friday, and classes begin on Monday.
Last night we went to a Young Single Adults Home Evening and they taught us how to dance Merengue, Salsa and Bachata. Sorry, I don't have pictures today, I will put some on next time I am on.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Marci hi and I hope it dries out some there. Sounds like you all are having a good experience.
    Love, Marci's mom

    ReplyDelete